Links and things.
- A few weeks ago I was talking about how I didn't want to use quilting cotton anymore because it's not the best for garments. It is definitely not the best for the types of blouses I'm making at the moment but I've used it successfully for garments where the stiffness and lack of drape usually found in a quilting cotton works to the advantage of the pattern (as long as it is good quality quilting cotton... a lot of the super cheap stuff I used to buy was horrible but I've found lovely fabrics in that genre as well). Tilly and the Buttons has a nice post on when and how to successfully use quilting cotton for garment sewing.
- Conventional mobile bee operations and Stalinist apartment blocks are an apt comparison. (on Root Simple)
- I think I'm finally going to get around to making some mustard. Maybe I'll start with this Brown Maple Mustard. (on Putting Up With Erin)
- Strawberry Swirl Brownies. Good lord. (on Dessert for Two)
- This Chile con Carne Verde was spectacular (as all Homesick Texan's recipes are!).