Spring is here in coastal Texas and that means tons to do. Does anyone else have this problem? Don't get me wrong, I loooove all this work and I feel very lucky I get to do it full time but this morning I made a list of all the things that need doing and found it very hard to know where to start.
Some big things have already been scratched off the list: the new chicken house got wheels and is now out in pasture (I'll do a post later about building the chicken house), the property got seeded with crimson clover and rye, seeds were started, fallow garden beds got amendments and fresh mulch and a lot of cleaning happened.
To Do List, Spring 2011:
- Fence lines need to be cleared
- New fence to be installed
- Old fences need some repair
- Gates need repair
- Build new beds in garden, planted with tomatoes, tomatillos, eggplant, hot peppers, ground cherry and cardboard mulched (every year the vegetable garden gets expanded)
- Winter crops out of old beds, spring crops or cover crops in
- Other vegetable beds need expanding and amending so I can plant corn, okra, winter squash, summer squash, and sweet peppers.
- Still other old bed needs to be cardboarded and mulched again so I can plant gourds.
- New trellis needs to be built and installed for cucumbers or beans
- Herb transplants go in everywhere
- More seeds need to be started